Dear Prospective Pastor:
Monroe is uniquely situated in an area to serve many surrounding communities. We are a multigenerational congregation teaming with life. Our Sunday worship gathering and Wednesday night activities have consistently seen 300 plus people entering our doors. We have a vibrant children’s and student ministry along with many young families and their many, many, many children... did we say, many?
Our current ministry staff includes three part time staff (Children’s Director, Worship Director, and administrative assistant) as well as a full time Pastor and Interim Pastor. We are looking to add to our team someone who is willing to engage our culture and help it grow in spurring people toward true identity and satisfaction in Jesus.
We desire to see our people be disciples who make disciples. So that in their respective communities, our people would be about the business of building bridges toward others to deepen or begin their relationship with Jesus. This vision of bridge building is the guiding principle to our undertakings in our various ministries and missions.
We are committed to embracing, loving, and serving alongside our new Pastor - building into and with him as he builds into us.
Flatout: We want a team player, to partner with and work side by side with our current staff, to communicate the infinite value of the glory of Jesus in tandem with developing and growing a disciple making culture.
Monroe is in a unique rural setting, not directly associated with any one given community. Our church family consists of individuals from a 30 mile radius giving us the opportunity to impact multiple communities with the gospel. We are a group of 300 plus believers composed of numerous young couples with many, many, many children! We have an exceptional youth and children’s ministry that has touched hundreds of lives.
● A deep satisfaction in the love of Jesus that compels the leading of others to experience the same.
● Innate drive for ongoing development of a disciple making culture and a proven track record of doing so.
● Foster intentional relationships with both believers and unbelievers to challenge and equip them in their Biblical identity as image bearers of Christ in their singleness or marriage, parenting, workplace, and communities.
● A shepherd's heart and servant’s spirit toward the entirety of the congregation, and their communities, to convey the transforming power of the Gospel.
● Ability to teach God’s word both formally and informally with humble confidence.
● Can relate to and understand a Midwest mindset, especially rural midwest.
● Strategic leadership planning and development with vocational and volunteer staff. This would involve learning and communicating the culture of Monroe and guiding each ministry to develop and maintain an intentional disciple making mindset.
○ Oversee Administrative staff and the following ministries:
○ Group Ministries:
● Secondary preaching and teaching. This would be in harmony with current staff in planning and delivering preaching and teaching topics and platforms.
● Be an active member of the elder board by assisting the elders and staff in shepherding the congregation. This involves funerals, weddings, baby dedications, baptisms, etc.
● Become involved with the community, building relationships and being available to volunteer in areas that you are passionate about.
● TEAM ORIENTED: team player who is able to work with the staff and within the vision of the church
● THEOLOGY: doctrinal agreement with the Evangelical Free Church statement of faith
● ORDAINED: or a willingness to pursue ordination (within the EFCA)
● Resume with educational background, ministry experience, spiritual gifting and references
● Testimony of conversion and call to ministry
● Philosophy of ministry
● Personal or family picture